BOATING IS SERIOUS BUSINESS:
We feel strongly that everyone should understand and learn the DO'S & DON'TS of the water.
We wish all our guests to have the best experience on Lake Norman.
It's our mission to offer great prices, service, top quality amenities and new, clean and sanitized pontoon boats.
Help implement safety rules to those that rent our pontoon. Having to enjoy our lake and
environment is a special privilege, so please take a moment and review the information below:
Renter further agrees that the rented boat shall not be used to carry passengers or property for hire.
That the rented boat shall not be used to carry passengers or property in excess of the rated capacity of the boat.
Driver/Helmsman must be 30 years of age.
Not to use the boat to tow or propel any other boat, barge or thing without the owner's written permission.
Not to use the boat (or motor) in any race or competition.
Not to use the (or motor) for any illegal purpose.
Not to operate the boat (or motor) in a negligent manner.
Not operate the boat (or motor) outside the area of Lake Norman , NC.
Not to permit the boat (or motor) to be operated by any other person without written permission of the owner.
Not remove the motor from the boat for any use whatsoever.
That he/she has been properly instructed is confident to operate said boat.
All guests - renter/operator hereby agrees that he/she shall FULLY indemnify & release Owner from all and any claims, demands, losses, damages, actions and expense related to the use of boat.
It is the LAW that any person BORN ON OR AFTER January 1st, 1988 must complete and show:
Proof of the North Carolina Wildlife Resources Commission NASBLA approved boating education course before operating any vessel propelled by motor of 10 HP or greater. We provide a FREE BOATING EDUCATIONAL COURSE
- I Will always be quiet and respectful while entering and leaving any public park or private location
- I also understand that myself and guests will be notified of the PICKUP & DROP OFF location in Huntersville.
- I Will be responsible for all parties on board, and that they are abiding to all boating safety rules.
I will also make certain all children under the age of 13, wear a life jacket.
- I Will know the water and environment that I will be boating in.
- I Will keep a good lookout while underway, and always ENGINE OFF when people are in the water.
- I Will observe all lake Norman lake markers and Shoal signs.
- I Will check the weather forecast before getting underway.
- I Will keep the pontoon balanced with proper trimming of engine and will make certain the engine propeller
does not hit the ground surface.
- I Will wear boat shoes or rubber soles for footwear, and understand that this is a NON-Smoking Watercraft
- I Will not bring on board any glass, sharp objects - IE high heels, knives, razor blades
- I Will not overload the pontoon at anytime with extra heavy coolers, etc..
- I Will not tie up pontoon or connect the pontoon to another watercraft.
- I Will not bring any towable tubes and or other to be placed on pontoon for towing purposes.
- I Will not bring hard alcohol or grill/cook any food on the pontoon boat.
- I Will not beach the pontoon boat at anytime.
- I Will be 100% responsible for any games, water sports, and or other I bring on board.
- I WILL be a "guest of the renter of the boat ", and I or another guest would be considered “the payer of the reservation"
- I Will have not be responsible for any exterior damage caused by me, being a guest of a requested driver.
- I Will not stand in pontoon or sit on the bow of boat while in operation.
- I Will be 100% responsible for any damage to the pontoon boat that the driver causes, even if that person
has been told to drive my me.
- I Will never ever drink and drive any alcoholic beverages onboard while pontoon is in my possession.
- I Will never leave ladder down when the boat is in motion.
- I Will be 100% responsible for all guests onboard and or in water.
- I Will not sit on the gunwale, bow, seat backs, or any place not designed for passengers.
- I Will will not allow any other person to operate the watercraft unless confirmed with management
- I Will only operate the watercraft in designated safe areas, and avoid shoal areas.
- I Will be responsible for all and any lake patrol violations incurred by me
- I Will be 100% responsible for the safety of any pet that comes onboard, and that all pets should have a life vest. Any pet on board must have owner approval.
- I WILL always wear a US Coast Guard Certified and approved life vest when entering the water.
- I Will pay all reservation fees IN FULL within 3 days of the booking date.
- I Will not allow additional passengers on the watercraft unless expressly permitted by NBIC INC in writing prior to use and such additional passenger signs the rental forms.
- I Will be 100% responsible for ALL if any fraudulent and or failed credit card payments to Cornelius Pontoon Rentals.Com - NBIC INC
- If the client cancels the booking within 3 calendar days of the trip date, the owner agrees to a refund of 100% of the total booking price, and security deposit.
- If the Client cancels the booking within 2 calendar days of the trip date, the owner agrees to a refund of 50% of the total booking price.
- If the Client cancels the booking same day of the trip date, there will be no refund of the total booking price, AND renter will lose 100% of their security deposit. It is also clear that once the boat leaves the dock, there is no refunds, under any circumstances.
- One person's perfect day on the water may be too hot for somebody else and too cold for the next person. As a rental company, last minute cancellations are very costly. At the same time, we understand that things come up and we don’t feel it is right for you to lose your entire rental fee if you have to reschedule.
- Our Cancellation policy is simple and strict, but fair. We do not allow cancellations for less than ideal weather. If the weather is very bad due to extreme high winds, lightning, thunderstorms or unsafe conditions in the area, we will call you to cancel and move your reservation.
- Cancellations made by our staff due to weather will receive a full refund. We reserve the right to cancel any rental at any time due to extreme conditions deemed unsafe.
- A $50 RETURN LATE will be applied to your credit card for every 15 minutes you are late in returning to the dock. Please make sure you give yourself enough time to return the pontoon boat safely and on time to the docked location, located @ Blythe Landing Park, NC
I understand that I may charged an additional $20.00 fee for an excessively dirty pontoon boat upon my return to dock.
DAY/MULTI-DAY OVERNIGHT RENTALS:
- We do not allow overnight rentals
PAYMENT - REFUNDS - SECURITY DEPOSIT - PRICE CHANGE: - POSTPONEMENTS
- PAYMENT - It is clear that my credit card is on a secure file and that I AUTHORIZE my payment/s will processed within 3 days of the date of the reservation I created online.
- REFUNDS - In the event the vessel is out of service due to mechanical issues or the owner determines the weather is unsatisfactory and or unsafe (in his/her sole discretion), the client may receive a full refund with no penalty or may choose to reschedule the trip.
- SECURITY DEPOSITS - Are not required, however it is clearly understood that my credit card will be placed on a secured file, if in the event there are any missing and or damage that occur while the pontoon is in my possession. I am fully aware and will be charged accordingly.
- PRICE CHANGE - We reserve the right to change our product's prices at any time without further notice.
- POSTPONEMENTS - All postponements must be made within the year in which it was originally made.
Clients must pay the difference in price, if any, to the new postponement date, There is no refund on Holiday fees.
RENTAL INSPECTION GUIDE:
Pre - Rental Inspection:
The owner and renter/operator must complete a pre inspection of the vessel prior to the start of the rental. This inspection requires: identification verification, documentation of any existing damages, and a signed agreement dictating length of the rental period.
Post - Rental Inspection:
The owner and the renter must complete a post-inspection following the rental period. During this inspection, both parties should identify any items missing from the boat, damages that occurred during the rental, and document the amount of the fuel used, if not included in the rental fee. All incidents should be reported, however minor. This includes, but not limited to: collisions, injuries, and any and all damage to 3rd party property.
Missing Items or Damages:
Any missing items or damages need to be reported with 24 hours of the rental concluding to NBIC INC @ 516-426-6036 or info@CorneliusPontoonRentals.Com. Renter/Operator also agrees that he/she will replace any on board equipment that was not present upon returning to dock. He/she is also responsible for any damage that occurred upon returning to dock, that was not present previously documented at check in. I am also responsible for any pontoon damages that were unforeseen within 24 hours of the rental date that was caused by me. Some areas may include and not limited to damage to the engine, depth finder, ladder, pontoon exterior, helm console, Etc. All and any damage, and or missing items may be charged to the credit card on file, after client has been notified of any issue.
Returning pontoon, motor and equipment:
Renter hereby agrees to return the boat, motor and equipment to the designated pick up location in Cornelius, NC 28031. I understand clearly that I, the renter, am responsible for any damage caused to the boat during the rental period, and will pay for any damages caused by me.
I have received and understand all watercraft and boating operation instructions.
I have been instructed on the hazards of boating and water activities.
I have carefully read and understand the above riding instructions.
I have been instructed and understand the operation of the equipment.
I am qualified in its operation and I acknowledge that I am at least 30 years of age and totally responsible for the watercraft and any actions resulting from its use.
BOATING RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY, ASSUMPTION OF RISK,
AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT
IN CONSIDERATION of being permitted to use in any way in BOAT / PERSONAL WATERCRAFT RENTAL activity and any activity associated with it (hereinafter referred to as “Activity or Activities”), I, for myself for personal representatives, assigns, heirs, and next of kin:
1. ACKNOWLEDGE, agree, and represent that I understand the nature of Boating Activities, both on water and land based, and that I am qualified, in good health, and in proper physical condition to participate in such activity;
2. FULLY UNDERSTAND that: (a) BOATING & IN WATER ACTIVITIES INVOLVE RISKS AND DANGERS of serious bodily injury, including permanent disability, paralysis and death ("Risks"); (b) these risks and dangers may be caused by my own actions, or inactions, the actions or inactions of others participating in the Activity, the condition in which the Activity takes place, or the negligence of the Releasees named below; (c) there may be other risks and social and economic losses either not known to me or not readily foreseeable at this time; and I FULLY ACCEPT AND ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS AND ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR LOSSES, COSTS, ANY INJURIES AND DAMAGES IN AND OUT OF THE WATER, I incur as a result of my participation in the Activity; Such water activities may include but not limited to: Water tubing, fishing, floating, diving, swimming, and or other.
3. AGREE AND WARRANT that I will examine and inspect any Activity in which I take part in while renting the pontoon from NBIC INC or from website: www.CorneliusPontoonRentals.com, and that if I observe any condition which I consider to be unacceptably hazardous or dangerous, I will notify the proper authority in charge of the Activity and will refuse to take part in the Activity until the condition has been corrected to my satisfaction.
4. HEREBY RELEASE, discharge, and covenant not to sue any parties of NBIC INC, or any pick up and drop off locations in Cornelius, NC 28031, or surrounding areas, as well as their owners, administrators, directors, agents, officers, volunteers, and employees, other participants, regatta organizers, any sponsors, advertisers, and, if applicable, owners and lessors of premises on which the Activity takes place, (each considered one of the Releases herein) from all liability, claims, demands, losses, or damages on my account caused or alleged to be caused in whole or in part by the negligence of the Releases or otherwise, including negligent rescue operations; and further agree that if, despite this release and waiver of liability, assumption of risk, and indemnity agreement, I, or anyone on my behalf, makes a claim against any of these Releases, I WILL INDEMNIFY, SAVE, AND HOLD HARMLESS each of the Releasees from any litigation expenses, attorney fees, loss, liability damage, or cost which any may incur as the result of such claim.
5. I have read this agreement, fully understand its terms, understand that I have given up substantial rights by signing it and have signed it freely and without any inducement or assurance of any nature and intend it to be a complete and unconditional release of all liability to the greatest extent allowed by law and agree that if any portion of this agreement is held to be invalid the balance, notwithstanding, shall continue in full force and effect.
6. I UNDERSTAND - My request for a pontoon may be denied for any reason, and or if any information is incomplete, false and or does not meet rental requirements. It is clear that Cornelius Pontoon Rental does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender expression, age, and or national origin.
NBIC INC - All rights reserved 2022